Denver Gives is a 501c3 Public Charity! Volunteers are the back bone of this, and every nonprofit organization! We have opportunities for event volunteers, resource volunteers, committees and board members. See below for details or call us at 303.991.1231 ext 1 to discuss your interests. If you would like to apply to be a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Application TODAY!Most of our events are 21+, therefore, we are mostly looking for volunteers that are 21 years of age and over. We do have a couple of opportunities for those between 16-20 years of age.
- Host/Hostess Volunteer – Our goal at our events is to make everyone feel welcome and engaged. Our Host/Hostess volunteers greet people as they come in, register them if needed, “work the crowd” introducing themselves to individual attendees as well as introducing attendees to other attendees and also promote and be able to communicate Denver Gives mission, who we are and who we serve.
- Event Volunteer – Come help at one or more of our events. Help us set up, break down, or implement a part of one or more of our events.
- Resource Volunteer – Help us make databases or lists of resources that we, or other nonprofits need.
Denver Gives is looking for individuals that want to be a part of our organization on a planning and implementation level. If this type of involvement interests you, please review the list below and contact us with your interests.
Responsible for the creation, development and implementation of all our events. If you like to throw a party, this is the committee for you!
- Rock & Runway Committee
- Ridiculous Poker Run
- Ridiculous Ride at Lakeside Volunteer Festival Committee
- Cranberry Jam Committee
- Third Thursday/Themed Events Committee
- Meetings = 1 (1.5hr)/month
- Resource Time = approx. 6 hrs/month
- 1 Year OR Event Specific Commitment Required
- (More time may be required as we get closer to the dates of the events)
Charity Partnerships Committee
The responsibilities of this committee are why Denver Gives exists. If you have some expertise in a for-profit or non-profit business discipline and want to donate your knowledge and experience to help a small local nonprofit this is the committee for you! We do an evaluation of a small local nonprofit. This evaluation goes to this committee and each individual takes their “section” of the evaluation and develops recommendations AND provides a list of resources that can be used to implement those recommendations. The group then meets again to prioritize those recommendations. Denver Gives, provided there are funds available, will distribute funds as a resource to help that nonprofit implement one or more top priority recommendation.
- Meetings = 2 (2hr.)/Month
- Resource Time = approx. 15-20 hrs/month
- 3 Month Commitment Required
Marketing and Communications Committee
Like any company, Denver Gives needs marketing and communications and PR assistance. The goals of this committee are develop and implement a Marketing Plan that will promote community giving amongst 20-30 somethings, raise awareness of the nonprofit challenges that face Colorado, recruit members to our cause and help push our mission into the community in order to help secure the resources we need to feed our programs and services.
- Meetings = 1 (1.5hr)/month
- Resource Time = approx. 10hrs/month
- 6 Month Commitment Required
Board of Directors
Denver Gives is looking for individuals that want to be a part of our volunteer Board of Directors.
The role of a Board Member is as follows:
- Trusteeship – Governing Body of Denver Gives. Responsible for the mission and all activities of the organization.
- Planning – Set direction and plan for the future of Denver Gives.
- Policy and Evaluation – Help develop resources to assist in establishing policies that will govern day to day operations of Denver Gives.
- Resource Development and Oversight – Exercise fiduciary oversight and help raise money and awareness for Denver Gives.
- Meetings = 1 (2hr) Quarterly
- Resource Time = approx. 15 hrs/month
- 2 Year Commitment Required
- Financial Contribution Required
- Fiduciary Responsibility Required