It has taken Denver Gives over a year to perfect this service for small local nonprofits. We thank our original partner in this process The Chanda Plan Foundation for their patience and dedication to the process of the CPC. The CPC basically operates as a group of professional advisors for the particiapting nonprofit partner.
Past Participating Charities:
To submit an application for our next round:
Next Cycle: 4/13 – 7/13
Charities click HERE
Volunteers click HERE
Denver Gives gathers selected professionals from various business and nonprofit disciplines and asks them to volunteer their time for a period of three months to help a single nonprofit organization from here in the Greater Denver Metro area.
Denver Gives chooses a nonprofit for this service based on the following criteria:
- They are local, no national affiliations
- They are small. Under $500,000 annual budget
- They have a verifiable track record for programs and services that they offer to the local community
- They are willing to particiapate in this service and be fully transparent to our volunteer Charity Partnerships Committee
- Agree to all the requirements of the CPC and Denver Gives
The nonprofits that participate are required to be totally transparent. The CPC conducts face-to-face interviews with Board members, employees (if any), volunteers, and even donors. Whatever documentation the commitee requests must be provided without fail. These documents include, but are not limited to, financials, bylaws, 990′s, 501c3 application, volunteer applications, marketing plans, development plans, fundraising plans, funding sources, budgets, and so much more! The charities that take part in this service truly are requesting help and are truly are participating in the process to better their organization. They put everything out there and are dedicated to their cause.
Volunteer Committee Members
Denver Gives chooses volunteers based on the following criteria:
- Willing to dedicate 3 months to the nonprofit
- Are professionals within fields of interest to the CPC and the nonprofit
- Understand they are working with a small local charity and the challenges that come along with that
- Make recommendations to the charity that are important to the further growth of the participating charity
- Research and create a list of resources to implement whatever recommendations they have within their area of expertise
- Commit to attending the three required meetings
Past volunteers have been within, but not limited to, the areas of Volunteer Management, Event Management, Law, Corporate Strategic Planning, Sales, Operations, Finance, Nonprofit Management, Accounting, Grants, Marketing, Graphic Design, Decision Analysis and more!
We are very proud of our Charity Partnerships Commitee and what it can offer a nonprofit, thousands of dollars worth of consulting services for FREE!
To apply to the Denver Gives Charity Partnerships Committee, Click CPC Application 2013 for the Application. Participation is not guaranteed.